Language and conference professionals at the United Nations are part of a global project aimed at uniting people in both their strengths and weaknesses, so as to build a better world.
They are responsible for adapting individual messages to a global diversified audience, upholding a system of universal values, and disseminating a missive of peace and solidarity.
Language professionals embody the power of languages, which they place at the service of a multilateral organization with the convening power to ensure that sustainable development and social justice remain a collective endeavour. Multilingualism is not only a means of communication but an end in itself, and the bedrock of diversity, tolerance, human rights and dialogue.
- Interactive meeting spaces, practice and learning zones, with latest technologies
- Organization and servicing
- Substantive and linguistic editing of content
- Translation from and into Arabic, English and French
- Bibliographical and content validation
- Layout and design
- Presentation and animation
- Branding for visibility
- E-publishing for accessibility
- Web-based platform for outreach
- Promotional material
- Printing (offset and digital)
- Information literacy
- Research techniques
- Dissemination techniques
- Writing for the web
- Specialized language functions
- Correspondence writing