As part of the training workshop series on the Geographic Information System (GIS) for the Integrated Transport System in the Arab States, ESCWA is organizing the third technical workshop in cooperation with the Islamic Development Bank. This workshop is a follow-up to the twenty-third session of the ESCWA Committee on Transport and Logistics.
The main objectives of the workshop are to:
- Facilitate the input of required data to feed the system platform
- Review and validate the data entered by focal points
- Train participants to make queries and analyze data using GIS tools
- Build the analytical capabilities of coordinators using the GIS cloud to monitor and assess the performance of the Arab region's transport networks
- Explain the use of GIS cloud for future transportation applications.